Project: Camperdown, Greenville, SC
Date: March 3, 2015
CAMPERDOWN consists of the redevelopment of the former Greenville News facility, one of the most iconic buildings and sites in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. Boarded to the north by Broad Street, the east by Falls Street, the south by Murphy Street and the west by Main Street, this urban mixed use project will consist of the following components:
- A vibrant, interactive Plaza containing jewel box structures for luxury retail tenants, restaurants and service kiosks, interwoven with water features and upscale landscape and hardscape features. This plaza will occur over a 3 level, below grade parking structure (total of 750 parking spaces), that will be “layered” into the site which falls 40’ from the highest point to the lowest point.
- An 8 screen theater with a Bistro, also located below the Plaza level.
- 240 upscale multi-family rental units (total of 7 stories).
- Approximately 30,000 square feet of upscale retail and restaurants.
- A 125 room hotel.
- A 25,000 square foot fitness center.
- (2) Corporate office building. Building “A” will be a 4 story building with the lower level containing upscale dining opportunities. Building “B” will consist of 6 levels of office with 6 level of condominiums (total of 32 units) above, offering incredible views of the Liberty Bridge, which spans the Reedy River.
WBA is responsible for all Architectural design, production of Construction Documents and Construction Phase Services.
*Please note: this project is still in concept and is subject to change. Updates will occur as changes occur. Please keep checking back.
Greenville Online, 8/7/15: Redevelopment plans get key approval
GSA Business, 8/7/15: Camperdown buildings approved by review board
GSA Business, 1/29/15: Panel advances ‘conceptual’ plan for Greenville News site
GSA Business, 2/2/2016: Construction Starts on Phase I of downtown project