8 Reasons Why Wakefield Beasley is the BEST Place to Work
Date: February 10, 2016
Anyone can find a job, but don’t you want a career? With Wakefield Beasley & Associates that is what you will find. WBA seeks top talent and we have some of the best in the business for you to grow with. We look for employees who have a passion, drive, enthusiasm and skill with architecture and design. We also know that in order to have the best, you also need to offer some incredible perks.
Here are the top 8 reasons to work with us!
1. Managers who know the business. There is nothing better than learning, and in the architecture and design field you are always learning something new. WBA Managers (or above) all have experience in various practices; from building skyscrapers to massive entertainment complexes to even sports complexes. You never know what type of project is coming your way but you can be certain your Manager, Director, or Principal has already had experience with it. So, your job is always exciting!
2. Education. WBA puts a lot of emphasis on learning. Whether it is earning your license or getting certified in BIM you will find solid support for furthering your education. We even offer reimbursement on fees once you pass your exams (select industry specific exams).
3. Top Technology. WB is not afraid of design and technology. WB retains on staff one of the top sought after BIM technology educator and expert, Director Richard Binning. Richard offers hands on sessions to assist you as well as group training sessions.
And WBA has a unique in-house design studio led by Director Roberto Valdez. The WBA Design Studio has created renderings and videos for many projects including The Battery (Braves Mixed-Use), Ovation, Wade Park, Avalon and more. The Design Studio is internationally recognized as being one of the best in the business.
4. International Presence and Diversity. WBA has studios in Alpharetta, GA, Jacksonville and Orlando, FL, Panama City, Panama and Shanghai, China. WBA is expanding rapidly and is looking at other sites as well. You really never know where our next studio will be! We also have an incredibly diverse group of architects and designers on staff so it’s not uncommon to hear multiple languages spoken in any of our offices. WBA has representatives from Russia, Colombia, China, Vietnam, Argentina, Panama and the list goes on and on!
5. Company Culture. WBA knows how important family is, we are a work family and we love your family too. WBA has multiple events during the year that are for you and your family to join in. We have a potluck Thanksgiving, Christmas Party, Football Kick-off Party and more.
6. Studio’s that Care. Your studio is a mini-family within WBA. You will definitely work very hard together on projects, but our studio’s also celebrate milestones. From getting married to passing your architect exam or celebrating a birthday, you can be assured it will not go unnoticed!
7. Regular Lunch and Learns. WBA has regularly scheduled lunch and learns in our top notch Learning Centers with vendors twice a week. You will always have the opportunity to earn your credit and the list is very diverse. If you can’t make it, no worries, there will be 2 the following week.
8. Last, and certainly not least, Benefits. WBA is a competitive firm therefore the benefits are excellent. In addition to top technology, great education opportunities, studio’s that care and a fun atmosphere WBA offers 401(k), vacation and sick leave and much more.
So now that you know how great working with WBA is – did we mention we are a Top 25 Atlanta Architecture Firm – are you ready to join us? If so – fantastic because we are hiring! We are seeking positions in the following Studio’s with various levels of experience:
- Intern Architects – All studios. Requirement: Architecture Degree.
- WBI – Project Coordinator with 5-7 years’ experience
- WBA – Project Coordinator and Project Manager levels with experience in Office/Industrial, Retail/Mixed-Use, Multi-Family Housing, Hospitality/Hotel or Design; will also consider a Senior Project Manager if it is the right candidate
Send your resume to Karen Keel (firstname.lastname@example.org) and CC connect@wbassociates today!